Brighten Up Your Smile Just In Time For the Holidays
Are you looking for the brightest smile this holiday season? Dr. Angela Ferrari and the dental team at KFA Dental Excellence in Farmingdale, NY can help you look your merriest with our Philips Zoom Whitening treatment.
This professional teeth whitening system is a state-of-the-art treatment that brightens your teeth with ease. If you are curious about how this solution works, we’re here to answer all your questions on how you can get the picture-perfect smile you deserve.
How does Philips Zoom Whitening work?
The Philips Zoom Whitening treatment consists of the following steps:
- A guard goes over the lips and gums to prevent contact with the laser treatment and the whitening gel.
- A hydrogen peroxide whitening gel then goes over the teeth.
- The Zoom laser light will contact the teeth, activating the gel.
- The hydrogen peroxide breaks down, causing oxygen to enter the enamel and dentin. The process helps bleach the stained tooth surface, but it also keeps the structure of the tooth intact.
- The laser light also breaks down the stains and discoloration on your teeth.
- The gel will stay in place for about 15 minutes.
- The gel is then cleaned off, and the dentist will apply a second layer that undergoes the same activation process. That second layer also takes 15 minutes to work.
- The second gel application is removed, and a third one goes on the teeth. This part is the last gel treatment you will require in the process.
- The teeth will receive a fluoride paste material after the removal of the third gel treatment. The paste will reduce the sensitivity caused by the treatment.
It is recommended that you undergo a thorough dental cleaning before undergoing the Zoom process. The dental team KFA Dental Excellence in Farmingdale, NY can help you with the cleaning process to help your teeth become ready for the next step.
What happens after the treatment?
There are also a few steps to be mindful of to help maintain your results following the treatment:
- You’ll use an at-home touch-up kit to help you preserve the results of the whitening process. The whitening trays are designed to fit over your teeth.
- Avoid foods or drinks that might stain your teeth, or at least consume them in moderation to prevent potential harm.
- Avoid smoking, as tobacco can continue to stain your teeth following treatment.
- Use tooth whitening toothpaste when brushing to preserve the results of the treatment.
You can talk with Dr. Ferrari for more details about the procedure and if you happen to need any extra care. The Philips Zoom Whitening system is fast, effective, and can give you the results you are looking for.
Contact us today to book your professional teeth whitening appointment
At KFA Dental Excellence in Farmingdale, NY, Dr. Angela Ferrari can help you achieve the best possible smile this holiday season. Contact us today for more information on how the Philips Zoom Whitening treatment can work for you. We are passionate about treating all of your dental health needs.